SP Group are a protection specialist covering markets in the UK, Ireland and Europe.
We are a growing business and aim to become Ireland’s most recommended manufacturer and supplier in our sector. As we embark on the next phase of our expansion, we are looking to add a full time Company Accountant to the team that would be based in the Antrim office. This is a senior role reporting directly to the management team. It is expected that the appointee will make a significant contribution to the success of our company strategy.
The position includes responsibility for day-to-day management of the accounts, financial analysis, preparation of the financial statements and management reports as well some credit control and expenses processing. The successful candidate will have oversight of the transition to our new operating platform.
We have enjoyed strong growth over recent years through hard work, a great team spirit and adopting a flexible outlook.
· This is an important senior role and has significant impact on the company and the profitability of the company
· Accounts – We are on Odoo Version 9 for accounts package and need to manage cash in/out, the preparation/issue of customer statements and payment of supplier invoices
· Credit Control – Monitor and manage debtors and escalate to third party debt recovery insurance/solicitor to recover bad debt when necessary
· Banking and PCI compliance including FX Payments
· Reporting monthly and quarterly finances to management and 3rd party accountants
· Liaise with external accountants for management reports and Tax concerns
· Responsible for fuel claims, expenses and petty cash
- Respond to customer account queries
- Generate and issued customer invoices and statements
- Process monthly direct debits
- Set up and maintain customer accounts
- Daily review of outstanding debt
- Manage customer debt within terms and communicate with customers to resolve
- Review on hold orders and release when payment received as appropriate
- Raise and mail sales invoices/credits
- Process customer receipts
- Mail monthly statements
- Credit control: handle automated communications and ad hoc when necessary
- Handle all customer account enquiries
- Check and post purchase invoices/credits
- Resolve any discrepancies with purchase invoices
- Process supplier payments
- Process transactions for all bank, credit card, FX and sundry accounts
- Reconcile accounts monthly
- Produce monthly P&L, BS and Cashflow Statements
- Monthly meeting with directors to discuss reports including actuals vs. budget
- Submit quarterly UK VAT Returns
- Submit monthly EC Sales Lists
- Submit monthly Intrastat Returns
- Submit bi-monthly ROI VAT Returns
- Liaise with external accountants as required
- Liaise with other external bodies (HMRC, auditors, etc.) as required
· Previous accounting experience is essential
· Experience with accounting packages is essential
· AAT or similar qualification would be useful but not essential
· Excellent organisational skills and a high level of attention to detail is important
· Experience arranging and making FX payments would be useful
· Shares our values of Integrity, Loyalty, Accountability and Value Driven.
· Strong team player, with a positive outlook and flexible “can do” attitude.
· Some elementary coding would be beneficial, but this is not essential for Odoo Version 9
· High level of IT skill and knowledge of accounts packages.
· Flexibility of hours to suit the right candidate will be considered.
· Highly competitive salary/package for the successful candidate
· 30 days holiday, including Bank Holidays – pro-rata depending on hours
· On-site parking (Candidate will be based in the Antrim office)
Please call Nick Munster on +353 8795 10663, in confidence for further information and email CV to
CLOSING DATE: MONDAY 10th DECEMBER 2018